Java Solutions Engineers, are you ready for the next step in your career? Are you ready to work for one of Orlando's most respected companies? if so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We have an immediate need for a Lead Java Solutions Engineer for a long-term contract, remote position working east coast business hours. Candidates MUST currently live in the USA.
U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders only, please. We are unable to accept 3rd party candidates or transfer a visa or provide sponsorship.
In this position, you will play a key role in mapping out technical details for selected initiatives, forming a path for the Engineers and third-party Solution Providers to follow. You will provide s guidance and instructions, translating architectural planning, business needs, and current technical realities into concrete design documents and supporting project detail.
Once the project has started you will coordinate and communicate with other members of the team and business stakeholders to ensure that the moving pieces fit together according to the overall product vision. Lastly, you will oversee the successful construction and delivery of software by overseeing software developed by third-party system integrators to ensure it is compliant with our client's Technical Standards.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Create detailed application designs and provide input on design patterns.
· Direct efforts and manage the complexities of large projects, business processes, and/or client groups. Provides technical leadership on assigned projects.
· Provide guidance for software quality and development processes and procedures to promote software quality. Performs and/or oversees and administers code reviews for assigned projects as required.
· Be able to be hands-on and develops code, if necessary.
· Recommend standards that are consistent with the company direction
· Provide guidance for new technology selection. This includes research and piloting working examples of new technology tools or software.
· Provide production support to troubleshoot and resolve systems issues as necessary
· BS/BA or technical certification or equivalent work experience
· 10 + years’ full SDLC experience (includes application architecture)
· Strong creative and problem-solving skills, and high attention to detail.
· Business acumen and an ability to understand and map technology solutions to business needs and future business vision
· Solid understanding and experience of waterfall and agile methodologies
· Leadership skills and ability to operate independently and lead project technical resources
· Strong teamwork and liaising between different teams. Excellent written and oral interpersonal and communication skills.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Writing technical documentation, including design documents, sequence diagrams, etc.
· Knowledge of Source Code Management systems such as Git and SVN
· Experience with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) approaches and tools
· Java and web development experience
· Knowledge of current trends and technology in the field.
· Expertise in all is not required but a broad understanding of the following technologies would be required to fulfill the job requirements: