• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Rob Spoor
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Tim Cooke
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Piet Souris
Bartenders:
  • Frits Walraven
  • Himai Minh

Remote bean lookup using SOAP

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All,
I'm addressing (2) problems I'm having:
1.) I have to do a bean to bean call running localhost in my test environment under WSAD 5 and it's no problem using a reference for local beans, but trying to find a remote ejb home gives me a lookup error. I believe it works fine when deployed on our test server, just a problem under localhost. Anyone come across this before?
2.) I'm doing another bean to bean call to a remote bean using soap, which I'm not familiar with yet. I'm using code from another developer who told me they had it working fine in their local WSAD 5 test environment. I find the first bean: Validate, which in turn has to call another bean: GetMyInfo to access it's methods to create a database call to a third bean: DB_GetAll, which has a local reference to the GetMyInfo bean. Everything works fine until the GetMyInfo bean tries to make the call for the DB_GetAll bean and I get this error stating it can't find the bean's localhome:
ExceptionUtil E CNTR0020E: Non-application exception occurred while processing method "validate" on bean "BeanId(ValidateEAP#ValidateEAPEJB.jar#TMS_Validate, null)". Exception data: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ejb/DB_GetAllLocalHome
I've made successfull calls to all these beans before, but using references and not soap, well using a local ref. and not a remote one to validate in my test environment. This looks like a simple configuration issue, but I don't see it. Any ideas as to what can cause this error?
The actual bean names/methods have been changed for this discussion, but the idea is the same.
Thanks,
James
 
Rancher
Posts: 13459
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
"jEston",
It appears that you have changed your display name from one that is valid to one that is invalid according to the JavaRanch naming rules.
We require your display name to be two words: your first name, a space, then your last name. Fictitious names are not allowed.
Please change it back as soon as possible, accounts with invalid display names get deleted - often without warning.
thanks,
Dave.
 
No thanks. We have all the government we need. This tiny ad would like you to leave now:
Thread Boost feature
https://coderanch.com/t/674455/Thread-Boost-feature
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic