• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Problems Importing Server and Server Configuration

 
Carlos Duque
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I just imported an EAR project on WSAD (5.1.2), it has a folder named "Servers" on the Project Navigator as it's supossed to, but it is not recognized on the "Servers" view so I cannot start the testing servers I need.

am I missing something?
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 34686
367
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Carlos,
Welcome to JavaRanch!

Take a look at the project nature (in the .project file of the server project.) You can create a new server project and then compare what these should be.

It's possible the .project file got lost or that it isn't a WSAD server project.
 
Carlos Duque
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for your reply, I did what you suggested but the files were similar, after trying some weird mixtures I got it working, this is what I came up with:

1. Import Everything as usual (Including the "Servers" folder)
2. close WSAD
3. manually copy the Servers folder to some temp folder
4. Start WSAD
5. Delete the "Servers" folder with it's contents
6. Create a new "Server Project" and name it "Servers"
7. Close WSAD
8. overwrite the new "Servers" folder with the one on the temp folder
9. Start WSAD

I know this is way too stupid to be a real solution, but that's how it worked... It just bugs me that WSAD didn't recognize my servers configuration from the first time... I know I must be missing something.
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 34686
367
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Carlos,
Glad to hear you got it working.

It's possible that the .project file wasn't included when the project was originally exported. Or that something went wrong then. That would explain why nothing worked aside from the convoluted approach. Luckily it isn't something you do often!
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic