• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Sheriffs:
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Rob Spoor
  • Paul Clapham
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Holloway
  • Tim Moores
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Al Hobbs
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven

Deprecated usage of direct JNDI lookup

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 69
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I used to acccess the DB from the web application using JNDI lookup.

Something like


It worked for a few months. I accessed data, retrieved it, displayed it, manipulated it and so on. Then I guess they updated Websphere with a patch and suddenly I couldn't access the DB anymore. Nothing in my DBDAO changed.


The Server Admin sent me a message about some error/warning.
It's as follows :





So I tried to use



But I still don't have access to the DB anymore. Not sure what the problem is because I haven't changed anything on my web application to where it shouldn't access the DB.
 
Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic