Oracle9i Certified Database Associate
The Oracle Certification Program begins with the Associate level. At this apprentice skill level, Oracle Associates have a foundation knowledge that will allow them to act as a junior team member working with database administrators or application developers. The Oracle Associate certification gives a beginning IT professional recognition for their abilities and can facilitate building a career with Oracle technologies.
To become an Oracle Associate, you must pass the exams required for the Oracle Associate level of your selected job role. Typically, two exams are required; the first one can be taken via the Internet, while subsequent exams must be taken in a proctored environment. By completing your Oracle Associate, you are half-way toward achieving the Oracle Certified Professional credential.
The OCA program recommends the following Oracle University Instructor-Led and Technology-Based (Computer-Based) Training for the most complete exam preparation. The required exams are listed in the left column shown below.
Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL
Exam number: 1Z1-007
Oracle9i Database: Fundamentals I
Exam number: 1Z1-031
Oracle9i Certified Database Administrator
Oracle9i Database OCA
Oracle9i Certified Master
Oracle Certified Professional
The Oracle Certified Professional credential is the next step in a rewarding career working with Oracle technologies. After achieving your Oracle Associate credential, you will need to continue your Oracle training and gain on-the-job experience to pass the required exams and move up to the OCP level. Oracle Certified Professionals have proven skills for managing a large scale database or developing robust applications that are deployed enterprise-wide. To become an Oracle Certified Professional, you must pass all required exams in your selected job role, including those at the Associate level. When you obtain this credential, you will have a valuable asset as you apply for more senior level opportunities and gain more credibility and support from your employer. Oracle Certified Professionals are ranked above all other IT certification holders as both the most sought after professionals in today's marketplace and the highest paid.
Four exams are required. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) certification for Oracle9i requires that you pass the two exams in the Oracle9i Certified Database Associate (OCA) track and the two exams shown below.
Oracle9i Database: Fundamentals II
Exam number: 1Z1-032
Exam number: 1Z1-033
Originally posted by Sunny Liu:
here is how did prepare for this Exam.
1.Join Oracle OTN and download free Oracle9i and install on my PIII box.
2. get SQL user guide or reference guide PDF file from OTN web site
3. try all of example queries on the guide with SQL*Plus, especially different kind of JOINs, Natural Join, Left, right, full joint, inner join and alternative equiliant subquery. but be careful Oracle elder join style by using + sign which is still working on 9i. if you are new to 9i, you may need to read more on 8i's documents
4. try most of built-in functions
5. know relationships about table View index etc.
6. Create some stored procedures, triger, table
7. create users, roles and grant permission to them
8. pratice to use ISQL*plus and know what it is ? and what does it do? and what command can be use on it?
that's it, Good luck everyone