I have been tasked with deploying our new project's demo version onto the client's SSL-secured test server. I am completely unaware of SSL-related issues and what's more, new to OAS as well.
- Client's test server is secured with SSL, and resides at location A. This server accepts incoming https requests from internet clients.
- Our application's DB server will be located at B, geographically separated from A and connected through open internet. We will connect through standard JDBC connection.
- Our application was developed without awareness that it will have to function in a secure environment. (Dont ask me why!)
- I do not have to perform SSL-related setup or config.
Any advice on the following?
- What changes are required to OUR APPLICATION to enable it work in a SSL-enabled secure environment, ie, when OAS is working in SSL mode?
- Any pitfalls to watch out for while deploying, assuming no special config changes are required?
- Is it a valid approach to develope a J2EE application without regard to whether it will work in secured or open mode?
Any info/links would be appreciated. While I am hpoing the SSL admin guide will answer these questions, it will be very helpful to receive answers to specific questions from experienced folks. Thanks for your help in advance.
You are HERE! The other map is obviously wrong. Better confirm with this tiny ad: