yeah craig, i am accessing test.jsp by localhost:8080/DBTest2/test.jsp and the context /DBTest2 is loading properly. can you suggest alternative methods of implementing connection pooling apart from the method i am following.
I did the same test as you did, modifying the server.xml(minus the logging config), but I was testing DBCP for a MySQL database and it worked fine. I also declared all of my parameters inside the Resource tag .i.e
But anyway, I decided to move my configurations from the server.xml to the context.xml. Which is an alternative from modifying the server.xml. And that is to create a context.xml of your DBCP configurations and place it in your META-INF directory of your web application(s).
But I believe I may see a problem with you server.xml...
The above code shows that you have terminated the Resource tag with the "/>", so none of your resource parameters were linked to this particular resource.
the problem still persists even after making the changes that you have suggested.
regarding closing of Resource tag: Since we are mapping the 'name' attribute of ResourceParams with the 'name' attribute of Resource , so there would not be much of a problem. But still i've tried by changing it,still the problem persists.
I took your configurations verbatim and tried it. I was unable to get it to work. I did not get the same error as you did, so I modified your configurations(I used a MySQL database) by assigning all of the attributes in the Resource element. I also placed my configurations right before the </Host> end tag. This is the same configurations in my context.xml.
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop