Hey friends help me gather answers to these questions.It will be of help for all of us for late use.Friends I have an interview tomorrow.Please can anybody help me out.
These questions are used for software tester or SQA (Software Quality Assurance) positions. Refer to The Real World of Software Testing
for more information in the field.
1. The top management was feeling that when there are any changes in the technology being used, development schedules etc, it was a waste of time to update the Test Plan. Instead, they were emphasizing that you should
put your time into testing than working on the test plan. Your Project Manager asked for your opinion. You have argued that Test Plan is very important and you need to update your test plan from time to time. It�s not a waste of time and testing activities would be more effective when you have your plan clear. Use some metrics. How you would support your argument to have the test plan consistently updated all the time.
2. The QAI is starting a project to put the CSTE certification online. They will use an automated process for recording candidate information, scheduling candidates for exams, keeping track of results and sending out certificates. Write a brief test plan for this new project.
3. The project had a very high cost of testing. After going in detail, someone found out that the testers are spending their time on software that doesn�t have too many defects. How will you make sure that this is correct?
4. What are the disadvantages of overtesting?
5. What happens to the test plan if the application has a functionality not mentioned in the requirements?
6. You are given two scenarios to test. Scenario 1 has only one terminal for entry and processing whereas scenario 2 has several terminals where the data input can be made. Assuming that the processing work is the same, what would be the specific tests that you would perform in Scenario 2, which you would not carry on Scenario 1?
7. Your customer does not have experience in writing Acceptance Test Plan. How will you do that in coordination with customer? What will be the contents of Acceptance Test Plan?
8. How do you know when to stop testing?
9. What can you do if the requirements are changing continuously?
10. What is the need for Test Planning?
11. What are the various status reports you will generate to Developers and Senior Management?
12. Define and explain any three aspects of code review?
13. Why do you need test planning?
14. Explain 5 risks in an e-commerce project. Identify the personnel that must be involved in the risk analysis of a project and describe their duties. How will you prioritize the risks?
15. What are the various status reports that you need generate for Developers and Senior Management?
16. You have been asked to design a Defect Tracking system. Think about the fields you would specify in the defect tracking system?
17. Write a sample Test Policy?
18. Explain the various types of testing after arranging them in a chronological order?
19. Explain what test tools you will need for client-server testing and why?
20. Explain what test tools you will need for Web app testing and why?
21. Explain pros and cons of testing done development team and testing by an independent team?
22. Differentiate Validation and Verification?
23. Explain Stress, Load and Performance testing?
24. Describe automated capture/playback tools and list their benefits?
25. How can software QA processes be implemented without stifling productivity?
26. How is testing affected by object-oriented designs?
27. What is extreme programming and what does it have to do with testing?
28. Write a test transaction for a scenario where 6.2% of tax deduction for the first $62,000 of income has to be done?
29. What would be the Test Objective for Unit Testing? What are the quality measurements to assure that unit testing is complete?
30. Prepare a checklist for the developers on Unit Testing before the application comes to testing department.
31. Draw a pictorial diagram of a report you would create for developers to determine project status.
32. Draw a pictorial diagram of a report you would create for users and management to determine project status.
33. What 3 tools would you purchase for your company for use in testing? Justify the need?
34. Put the following concepts, put them in order, and provide a brief description of each:
* system testing
* acceptance testing
* unit testing
* integration testing
* benefits realization testing
35. What are two primary goals of testing?
36. If your company is going to conduct a review meeting, who should be on the review committe and why?
37. Write any three attributes which will impact the Testing Process?
38. What activity is done in Acceptance Testing, which is not done in System testing?
39. You are a tester for testing a large system. The system data model is very large with many attributes and there are a lot of inter-dependencies within the fields. What steps would you use to test the system and also what are the effects of the steps you have taken on the test plan?
40. Explain and provide examples for the following black box techniques?
* Boundary Value testing
* Equivalence testing
* Error Guessing
41. What are the product standards for?
* Test Plan
* Test Script and Test Report
42. You are the test manager starting on system testing. The development team says that due to a change in the requirements, they will be able to deliver the system for SQA 5 days past the deadline. You cannot change the resources (work hours, days, or test tools). What steps will you take to be able to finish the testing in time?
43. Your company is about to roll out an e-commerce application. It�s not possible to test the application on all types of browsers on all platforms and operating systems. What steps would you take in the testing environment to reduce the business risks and commercial risks?
44. In your organization, testers are delivering code for system testing without performing unit testing. Give an example of test policy:
* Policy statement
45. Testers in your organization are performing tests on the deliverables even after significant defects have been found. This has resulted in unnecessary testing of little value, because re-testing needs to be done after defects have been rectified. You are going to update the test plan with recommendations on when to halt testing. Wwhat recommendations are you going to make?
46. How do you measure:
* Test Effectiveness
* Test Efficiency
47. You found out the senior testers are making more mistakes then junior testers; you need to communicate this aspect to the senior tester. Also, you don�t want to lose this tester. How should one go about constructive criticism?
48. You are assigned to be the test lead for a new program that will automate take-offs and landings at an airport. How would you write a test strategy for this new program?