Originally posted by himadri:
1) Which of the following are effective ways to manage an OO project?
a)Organize development teams along the lines of the packages.
b)Organize the scheduled tasks so that easy, low-risk items are addressed first.
c)Organize the test cases to follow the use case scenarios.
d)Organize the user's guide along the lines of the packages.
5) The design for a complex application with a large number of classes has just been completed. Which of the following is the BEST approach for unit-testing the classes?
a)Use the package diagrams to group classes logically and perform unit-testing on a package-by-package basis.
b)Use activity diagrams to identify parallel behavior and test classes that use threads.
c)Use the interaction diagrams to step through the interactions between the classes and perform visual inspection of the code to identify discrepancies.
d)Use the class diagram to ensure that the classes have been correctly coded and perform unit-testing for each class association and for each class.
Answer : A
22) A system undergoing performance testing is found to be "thrashing" (a condition that occurs when there is too much concurrency). Which of the following artifacts would be MOST helpful to uncover the problem?
a)The use case descriptions
b)A state diagram
c)A process view
d)An activity diagram
e)A collaboration diagram
Answer : B,D
24) Which of the following are TRUE about software architectures?
a)Two tier software architectures do not scale to as many clients as three (or more) tier architectures.
b)Two tier architectures lead to more reuse than three or more tier architectures.
c)Thin clients are restricted to GUI parts.
d)Dividing the application architecture into Model, View and Controller layers leads to flexibility.
Answer : A,D
25) When creating a subclass, which of the following are TRUE?
a)The selected superclass should be chosen because it has some methods the subclass can reuse, even if others do not apply.
b)The class name should normally be a qualification of its superclass' name.
c)The subclass should be of the same type as all of its superclasses.
d)The superclass should be marked as abstract.
Answer : B,C
26) Which of the following are recommended when developing an OO system?
a) Write a description of the concept that a class represents whenever a new class is declared.
b)Use interfaces for types or roles that objects may play, independent of their location in the class hierarchy.
c)Apply design patterns where applicable in the system.
d)Name classes based on their design specifics, such as "array" or "queue".
Answer : A,B,C
A, B, C
34) Refer to the designs below:- In Design #1, the Catalog object has a getProducts() method, which returns a xx collection object, such as a Dictionary or array, containing all the Products the company sells.- In Design #2, the Catalog object has a getProductNumbered(anIdentifier) method, which returns the Product with the specified unique identifier.Considering a requirement to get a specific product, which of the following BEST characterizes the two designs?
a)Both designs maintain the objects' encapsulation and reduce coupling by accessing state data via methods only and not directly.
b)Both designs break the objects' encapsulation, adding brittle coupling.
c)Design #1 adds brittle coupling. Design #2 maintains the encapsulation of the Catalog, making future design changes easier.
d)Design #1 maintains the encapsulation of the Catalog by hiding the implementation details in the getProducts() method. Design #2 breaks the encapsulation of the Catalog since it uses anIdentifier as the Product key.
Answer : C
37) When it comes time to write code, an interaction diagram can quickly provide information on which of the following?
a)Navigability of associations
b)The sequence of method calls
c)Conditions under which a message is sent
d)State changes in an object
e)Iteration in the control flow
Answer : B,C,E
B, C, E
56) During implementation, the development team decides to use a third party utility to provide some of the required functionality. What OOAD artifact would MOST likely reflect this change?
Answer : B
Originally posted by Doug Wang:
[Q]5. I opt A
Don, could you please explain your answer?
The answer is a.
22. I opt B,D
A controversial question. Altogether 4 votes out there - BD, DE and BC. Merlin, Can you elaborate on what is process view? Is it an OOAD artifact?
Sunny even suggests that IBM's answer is C,D. Need further discussion.
34. I opt C
Another controversial question. Two vote for D and Three(including me) vote for C. Need further discussion.
And inside of my fortune cookie was this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koophttps://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton