Folks, I got 92% in my SCWCD today.The total preparation time was about 3 months; I studied about an hour a day but put in about 3 hrs (or more) in the last few weeks. This was how I prepared.
1. Read HFSJ thrice -- awesome book. "2 minute drill" at the end of each chapter would have been nice though.
2. Did Enthuware tests -- worth the money, close to the real exam. Generally got around 75-85% and spent a *lot* of time doing postmortem on the tests. Got just 66% in the HFSJ mock exam, which I took a week before the cert exam.
3. Browsed through JSP and Servlet specs and APIs.
4. Did not do many hands-on exercises since I have several years of experience in JSP and Servlets.
5. Read J2EE patterns on Sun's Website.
6. Visited JavaRanch SCWCD forum everyday. Thanks to all the folks, I learnt a lot there.
The exam questions were neither tough nor easy. Some of them were vague. This was how I tried to guess the right answer if the question was vague or had more than one right answer: 1) Think about the objective to which the question pertains to and try to figure out what is being tested 2) put myslef in the examiner's shoes. Hope the above info helps those who are preparing for the exam. Will begin preparing for SCDJWS soon. But before that its beer time!!