Looks like a joke right
but its true.
For SCDJWS 5 the passing score is 42% and number of question is 65.
Here is my story :
Let me fist shamelessly defend my 60% :
1. My voucher was getting expired on 2nd April so I had no other choice but to write the exam.
2. I was ready to fail instead of writing the older version.
3. The actual reason, I was very very lazy to study.
4. I prepared for 9 days to write this exam. I had the ample time but as you know my laziness
5. Didn't get time for any mock exam or even to revise my own notes.
About "MY" exam :
1. Exam was tough. Very confusing.
2. 80% Theory. 10% XML,SOAP,WSDL etc.. tags, 10% sample code and missing code snippets.
3. No questions that points to the new features in SOAP1.2. All NS URIs were point to SOAP1.1
4. No questions from WSDL component model (WSDL2.0)
5. Questions from both BP1.0a and BP1.1. Be thorough in this, I just gave 1 reading of BP 1.1 and that costed me alot.
6. Read BP1.1 for XML, SOAP (even if it is not mentioned in the Objectives) and WSDL.
7. Make sure you understand and remember what point are MUST HAVE and what point are SHOULD HAVE from BP 1.1
8. Make sure you exactly understand diff security concepts (WS-Security, SAML, XKMS, etc..) and especially their uses cases.
9. Read more on use cases of JSON and REST. They try to mix SOAP and JSON/REST in use cases.
10. Make sure what APIs support both REST and SOAP and how to use them (the diff methods).
11. Read everything about .NET, visual studio, its tools, clients, uses cases etc..from the WSIT tuorial. Don't miss anything.
12. Read about caching pattern and where the caching happens (Client/Server) etc..
Let me know if you want to ask anything about any specific objective or chapter.
All the above details are specific to my exam. It can be different for your exam.
SCDJWS 5 resources I used for the exam :