I took the SCWCD today at Chicago and passed it with 97%. I am very happy about the result. When i appeared at the prometeric today morning i was a bit nervous about the exam.
However once the exam began everything was fine.
Here's is brief of what i had used to prepare :-
1. HFSJ --> Kathy, Thank you for coming out with such a superb book.
2. Milkai Zakin --> Your notes are awesome, thank you. They really helped me understand topics in detail which then added to my confidence.
3. Enthuware --> I had purchased their mocks and it did help me.
4. HFSJ Mock exam --> It rocks. I got 63% when i took it 4 days before the scwcd, so was confident of clearing the final exam.
5. J2EE Certificate/Jdiscuss exam.
6. Hanumant Deshmukh for Design Patterns (beautifully explained).
7. Frederic Esnault --> API, nice compilation.
last and the most important java ranch, i used to look at it from more of an inspirational point of view, reading through fellow ranchers success etc etc
I put off the exam quite a few times earlier in the year due to project pressures/deadlines etc, but since october i decided come what may i would finish it off and then used to slog daily weekday nights and then over the weekends.. I am happy it came to a nice end.
My advise to felow ranchers would be work hard, come what may.
there would be times when you would feel how would i clear this in the real exam..which is natural as some topics would be relatively difficult.
In that case you gotta wait as the exam comprises of questions on all topics and then make the most when you get questions on the subject of your comfort.
As in one day cricket see through the good bowlers and then pick the not so good ones and score runs of them as finally it is the total score that matters.
Would be having a blast tonight