Now i'm about to finish my graduation project which is about comparing two object oriented programming languages: I picked Java & C#.
While i was developing my project ( A complaint module of a municipality CRM ) i had chance to compare both languages.
Let me start the advantages of C#:
- Visual Studio .NET IDE -> Speeds up the development time.
- MSDN -> really great knowledgebase
- Crystal Report -> really great tool for visual reports
disadvantages of C#:
- Microsoft dependent.
Advantages of Java:
- Platform independent ( but JVM dependent)
- great libaries !!
Disadvantages of Java:
- IDE`s are not really good enough ( tried .NetBeans, eclipse,IntelliJ Idea)
- Where the heck is groupbox or checked list box ( couldnt find in swing or awt )
- Difficult to get used after coding in C# ( Why i cant compare Strings with == or != notation, why i have to use a compare method which returns 1 if they are equal
Development time for java was 2 times more then C# ( maybe it`s coz of me eh !
After i finish java, i'll start to do some software engineering quality tests for both java and C# , i'll give detalits about quality , memory, kloc, etc.. those who wants these information can e-mail me , so i can send a detalited report when i'm done with project )