J2EE Sr Technology Engineer positions for Travelers Insurance - #778721
Location: Hartford, CT
Duration: FULLTIME � RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!
This is a PERMANENT position (salary + bonus + benefits) and requires US Citizen or Green Card
Committed. Competitive. Constructing our Future.
That's Travelers. We are one of the leading insurance companies in the United States. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy, and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Travelers "Middleware - J2EE" engineering group is seeking a Sr. Technology Infrastructure Engineer to join our Middleware team. Candidates should have a strong background in J2EE and Java technologies. He/she should have experience in administrating WebSphere (5.1.x / 6.0.x / 6.1.x) and JBoss 4.x application servers. The individual would be responsible for the day-to-day support of Enterprise J2EE infrastructures running on a variety of platforms. The candidate would work closely with numerous teams (Operations, J2EE application, Engineering etc...) to troubleshoot complex J2EE infrastructure and application related issues.
Candidates should also have an understanding of supporting infrastructure components that comprise J2EE application server environments. Examples of supporting components are load balancers, web servers, relational databases, security technologies, monitoring tools/techniques, source control management systems, deployment models/methodologies, IDE's and OS's.
This position requires a candidate to work closely with numerous teams and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
BS/BA degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Provide day to day support of WebSphere and JBoss application server infrastructures.
- Provide support to J2EE application teams in large scale J2EE environments
- Assist application teams w/ deployments to server environments. Responsible for configuring J2EE deployment tool and configuring application server resources in an Enterprise server environment.
- Troubleshoot J2EE infrastructure and application related issues in a large scale server environments.
- Assist in designing and architecting Enterprise J2EE infrastructures.
- Provide technical consulting for Enterprise J2EE projects/initiatives
- Liaison w/ Operations, Engineering and J2EE application teams.
- 3+ years WebSphere Application Server experience. Must have WAS v5.0, 5.1, 6.0 & 6.1 Network Deployment administration expertise.
- JBossAS 4.x administration experience. JBoss Operations network experience a plus.
- Java/J2EE development background
- Experience w/ web server administration. IIS v5 & 6 experience required. Apache background a plus.
- Experience w/ UNIX (AIX, Linux) and Windows OS (W2k, W2k3).
- Strong WebSphere scripting skills (i.e., wsadmin, JACL, Jython)
- Experience with load balancing technologies (F5 BIG IP / 3DNS)
- Experience with Enterprise Web Security Models and architectures.
- Experience with WebSphere performance monitoring tools/techniques.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Understanding of J2EE (1.4, EE5) concepts.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Understanding of Java application frameworks (Similar to Apache Struts).
- Understanding of Source Control Systems (Example: MKS, Subversion).
- Understanding of Automated build tools such as Apache Maven.
- Understanding of DB2, Oracle and MS SQL databases.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
If interested in this position, please write back with your availability to interview and to start, the reason you are leaving your present situation OR the reason for leaving your last position, along with your minimum permanent salary requirement and the status of your eligibility to work in the United States?
** Where do you live and are you open to relocation to Hartford, CT (relocation package available)
If interested, please forward your resume to email@example.com
Ruthie Powell, Senior Recruiter & Sourcing Specialist for Travelers Insurance