initialy i am using a custom filter.
the code is
now, this gives the login name and domain name for all browsers except mac.
So i thought of adding a code which will specifically execute in case it is called from any browser(safari or IE) in a mac.
so i thought of using request.getRemoteUser() but to my misery it was giving null.
when i tried it without custom filter and used a standard ntlmHttpFilter in the DD, it simply worked but as you know. In the filter you need to specify the domain controller.
Now, if the machines from different domains try to access the code, it will not work. However the above code with custom filter works fine for all domains.
So, in order to balance between the two, i though of adding request.getRemoteUser() to the above code which will be executed when the browser is safari or IE for mac.
So, i used String str = request.getHeader("user-agent");
if(str.indexOf("Macintosh") > -1)
and chip in
I hope this will present you the issue nicely....thanks
[edited to add code tags]
[ April 24, 2008: Message edited by: Jeanne Boyarsky ]