I'm trying to build an access control mechanism for a JSF web application on Tomcat 6. Since I already have a database with users, I was going for a DataSourceRealm.
First, I've created another table called user_roles
that has only two columns: useraname
Then, I've added the following rows:
Next, I edited conf/server.xml to contain this:
and I edited my web.xml to contain this:
No exceptions are raised during Tomcat startup. Now, when I try to access the app through http://localhost:8080/Test/,
the login dialog pops up but no matter what I type in - nothing happens. usertest/usertest doesn't work.
I tried shuting down MySQL to see if an exception would be raised when I attempt to login, but everything seems the same. So, it must something in my server.xml is wrongly configured but I don't know what.
Please guys, give it a shot. I'd be very, very grateful.
[ November 19, 2008: Message edited by: Veggen Skrikk ]