Juz checked the certification manager website and got my scores: 353. I did the assignment on Bodgitt and Scraper. I have to say a big thank you to Monkhouse coz his book and his sample application helped me so much to get started on the assignment. As usual, I lost the most marks in the locking section. A breakdown of the marks is as follows:
General Considerations : 90/100
- RMI used with thick clients.
- Facade and adapter pattern used for database. No singleton classes.
- Logging is provided with exception handling.
Documentation : 69/ 70
- Documentation was a bit long but necessary. It is written in text file, with the following major sections:
2. Server Design
3. Client Design
4. Database Access Design
5. Locking Mechanism Design
6. User Interface Design
7. Interface between Presentation Layer and Database Layer
8. Exception Handling Design
9. Logging Design
O-O Design : 30/ 30
- Provided an O-O design, basically following the sample application. Parameters are passed as objects between classes, except when it has to go thru the DBClient interface.
GUI : 40/ 40
- GUI design follows the sample application quite closely.
- Uses Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern with inner classes.
- Uses ComboBoxModel and AbstractTableModel used for JComboBox and JTable.
- Uses JComboBox for Search Fields.
- Uses Custom JTextField for Customer ID Input to ensure the user only enters the correct length for text input.
Locking : 44/ 80
- Juz used the usual locking mechanism modified from Monkhouse's sample application.
- Followed the locking design that is commonly found in the forum. Did not put too much attention to it as I knew I'm going to lose marks here
Data store : 40/ 40
- Nothing special, modified from the sample application.
- - Data are encoded using ISO-8859-1 due to requirements for 8 bit US ASCII.
Network server : 40/ 40
- Nothing special either, modified from the sample application.
Would like to thank everyone for their help. I would not have done it without the help of this forum.
Thks a lot ^_^