Are you skilled with:
1. MS SQL Server
2. Analysis Services Cubes
3. 250 gigabytes or greater?
Are you familiar with SQL Server Analytic Services?
If you answered "yes" to these questions this is an awesome opportunity for you!
If you have a work history of contracting, we ask that you please not apply to this position. No H1B or third parties, please.
This opportunity is with a thriving young company with high energy and stimulating work environment with the feel of a start-up, yet is backed by an industry leader. This opportunity has a lot of room for growth as this company continues to prosper.
You will be part of the Data Warehouse team and will primarily be responsible for handling new report requests as well as maintaining existing reports and using Microsoft Reporting Services 2005/2008. Other tasks will include ad-hoc data requests, query tuning, Visual Sciences Web Analytics report creation, OLAP report building using Performance Point Server, SSIS package creation for ETL purposes, as well as other interesting Data Warehouse related projects.
* Work with other groups to define, produce and refine periodic reports. These reports may include information about web traffic, membership, member activities around the world, commerce, etc... and may be developed using Sql Server 2005 Reporting Services or third party tools.
* Ensure that periodic (daily, weekly and monthly) reports are delivered in a timely and accurate fashion.
* Work with other groups to define, deliver, refine, and execute ad-hoc reports as requested.
* Research, propose, plan and implement strategies to improve all aspects of the Warehouse and its surrounding software stack.
* Work with homegrown ETL technology written in JAVA and/or 3rd party systems such as MS SSIS.
* Work with the team on items such as DBA related work, cube creation and maintenance, ongoing optimization of the existing data structures.
* Help in developing SSIS Packages, scripts, programs, and schemas to facilitate date movement and cleansing.
* Maintain and monitor the data warehouse to ensure its proper operation, performance and availability.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 3+ years of experience with a decent sized warehouse (> 250 GB), ETL or datamart applications.
* 3+ years of experience on SQL Server 2000/2005. Experience with another relational databases is a plus.
* Proficiency in Transact-SQL (SQL Server 2005 specific), complex queries, stored procedures, functions and other related system objects.
* Proficiency in SQL tuning, understanding optimization (index types, search arguments, covered indexes, etc.).
* Experience with report writing using Microsoft Reporting Services is essential.
* Exposure to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) a plus.
This is a Full-Time/Permanent position.
If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing company with great people in an exciting industry, please send a resume to email@example.com
[ November 17, 2008: Message edited by: Michael Kilcher ]