Bharath Raja

Ranch Hand
+ Follow
since Jan 21, 2009
Chennai
Cows and Likes
Cows
Total received
0
In last 30 days
0
Total given
0
Likes
Total received
8
Received in last 30 days
0
Total given
3
Given in last 30 days
0
Forums and Threads
Scavenger Hunt
expand Ranch Hand Scavenger Hunt
expand Greenhorn Scavenger Hunt

Recent posts by Bharath Raja

Saral Saxena wrote:Hi Folks,

Is the concept of channel and Nio would also be applicable here...since I am also looking for the fastest way, I have been also doing lot of googling but in terms of performance I thnk channel would be a advantage,,!!



Thanks Dude. I will investigate on these too.
6 years ago

Winston Gutkowski wrote:

Bharath Raja wrote:Thanks for your reply. I have completly understood your point. However I am eager to know that which one of the i/o utilities in java help us to write a file in fastest way?


Why? Unless your answer is simply "because I'd like to know", it would appear that you haven't understood Fred's post at all, because what he's trying to tell you is that it is of little or no practical value to you.


If I have interprted the Fred post wrongly, my apologies. Yes I meant that "because I'd like to know", since I need to pick the best IO utility to write the file.

Winston Gutkowski wrote:
However, for what it's worth, Matthew's answer is the one I would have given you too.
Winston


Thanks. I'm going with Matthew's suggestion.
6 years ago

Matthew Brown wrote:I'd stick with a BufferedWriter. It's actually designed to improve performance over a straight FileWriter (or similar) by buffering the write actions. For specialised purposes there might be something better, but for general purpose writing of text files it's a good choice.


Thanks for the informative explanation Matthew
6 years ago

William Brogden wrote:You do understand that there is a difference between writing a character stream and writing a binary file of bytes, right?

Bill


yes I do. It seems to be both are same in terms of performance. Am I right? Thanks.
6 years ago

fred rosenberger wrote:performance is the last thing you should be worried about. Disk i/o is going to be slow no matter what. So unless you have some well documented need for performance, and you know that it is the writing of the file that is your bottleneck, you're wasting your time trying to micro-optimize it.


Thanks for your reply. I have completly understood your point. However I am eager to know that which one of the i/o utilities in java help us to write a file in fastest way?
7 years ago
Hi,

Could any one please clarify me, what is the fastest way(in terms of performance) to write a file in java? I am not sure that the BufferedWriter is the best one to pick if the performance is in mind.
7 years ago
Thanks for your suggestion peter. It helps actually, but later I found that due to other java files referred to the files which i need to exclude in needtoexculde package, that files also has been compiled. Now i'm in the process of removing/moving dependency java files.
7 years ago
I've following script for compiling my java project using ant. I need to exclude the java files which all are belonging to needtoexclude package. Hence I've used the exclude attribute to exclude the all files under specific package, but it hasn't work.. What I done wrongly in below script?
7 years ago
mail from oracle says,

The Certmanager has been decommissioned from 31 May 2011 and the data moved to Oracle database.

We are in the process of transferring all certification data from certmanager.net/sun into the CertView database. We expect that all records will be uploaded by mid July 2011. You will be able to authorize your account, view your certification history, download your logos and verify your certification to a 3rd party at that time. We appreciate your patience.

We strongly urge you to subscribe to our certification blog [‘certification blog’ links to blogs.oracle.com/certification] to stay up-to-date on the most current Oracle Certification Program information. We will announce on the blog when your records become available in CertView. We will also provide detailed instructions on how to authorize your CertView account.

Please feel free to email us with your questions and concerns at suncert_ww@oracle.com. Also include your Testing ID in all your mails so that we may assist you with your request at the earliest.

Regards,
OCP Team

@Manish..,
Sanjay said that he is working in a specific technology for just 6 months, and I agree that this is not going affect his career fairly, if he want to move Java.
But my doubt here is how about one person starting his career in a specific outdated technology(like cobol)even he has studied and did some projects in Java during his college days. After 2 years the person wants to move Java, what will be the reaction in interview. Have they offer him a Java related developing position? I agree that language is not a matter for real developers, but in practical without having working knowledge of specific language, how could people move around languages..?
7 years ago

Campbell Ritchie wrote:Eclipse is not a runtime, but a development environment. It uses the standard Java™ API, and any other API you need to download and add to your classpath. When you have finished developing, it should work by [double-]clicking the resultant .jar. Use the same API you would use without Eclipse.



Ritchie., I'm in mid of developing plug-in which fits into eclipse. The actual requirement is, have to get a file as IDocument with just file name not full path of the file. As I mentioned in attachment, we can get the current user workspace through code, under that workspace there could be many projects(or folders), and files. Within that user current workspace I need to retrieve the file with its name. Since we can't surely say the file lying under specific folder, we cant give the full path ... isn't it.? As of now I've implement logic said by jesper and able to get the file,. But my question is, don't we have any other option to do this ..?

[For more explanation of requirement, how the "open resources" functionality working in eclipse. In that "open resources" if we type any name of the file without bothering about where its lying (must be in current workspace), the eclipse have intelligence to open that file right... same thing is I want to achieve in my plug-in]
7 years ago

Jesper de Jong wrote:Class java.io.File contains methods for listing the files and subdirectories that are present in a directory. To find a file that is somewhere down in a subdirectory, you'd have to call these methods recursively on the subdirectories, until you find the file that you're looking for. Have a look at the API documentation of class java.io.File.



Thanks Jesper.. Actually I've started this approach already, but may I know, is this the only way to achieve this..? Can't we have any api say directly search the file in single method ... and FYI I'm working this scenario in eclipse (root directory is my workspace, that can we retrieve through eclipse core api)

do you know any api for done this in eclipse, please let me know...
7 years ago
Hi,

I have a file name as "FileToBeRetrieved.txt", which might be located under any folder under one root folder. I know only the root folder while my run-time, and I can't surely say the needed file is in under specific path. Please see the attached image for better understanding. In that I've marked the required file with blue color.

So From the specific root folder, is there any possibility to search and retrieve that specific file.. ?

7 years ago
Hi,
I want to draw/render a flow diagram through code. Is there any open source api's for rendering the graphical images. I know little bit about zest api, but it doesn't support any images none other than rectangle box (Is this right ?).