I passed SCWCD with 93%. I would like to thank everybody who participates in this forum.
Also, I must thank specifically...
- Ken and Miftah for their notes
- Rachel and Rajat for sharing their experience
- Carl, Tony, Frank, Peter and Paul for the mock exam.
Most of the material I used for preparation has already been mentioned in this forum.
- Java Servlet Programming by Jason Hunter, William Crawford (O'Reilly)
- Prof. Java Server Programming, J2EE Edition (Wrox)
- Scanned couple of chapters from Prof. JSP (Wrox) and JSP by Hans Bergsten (O'Reilly) real quick
- Servlet 2.3, JSP 1.2 specs and JSP 1.2 Syntax card
- Miftah Khan's notes
- Ken Zrobok's notes
- O'Reilly's Listener tutorial
- Sun's JSP Custom Tag tutorial
- J2EE Patterns Catalog
I am not sure what else I should write for those who are preparing for the SCWCD. I myself followed the advice from ranchers and survived. There is no doubt that you need to memorize both DTDs and good amount of API. Especially if you want answer 4-5 'fill in the blank' type questions correctly.
I think the time is not a constraint. Since, there are few 'Exhibit' type questions, either you know the answer or you don't. (Although, I still can not believe, I missed four
Thanks again all you guys and gals.
And last piece of advice 'visit JavaRanch forums regularly'
[This message has been edited by Mangesh Apte (edited September 28, 2001).]