I should develop and intranet with Java. I am a PHP developer with decent background in Java (university) but not commercial experience. I am developing a custom intranet in PHP but I should start to provide some demo of an intranet made in Java to anohter company. I have very few time to dedicate to the Java intranet, so I need something simple.
I have found that Alfresco and Liferay are two really Open Source option. I know that Alfresco is an ECM and Lifreray is a portal system, but I am quite confused. I seems to me that Liferay is quite complete as an intranet, Alfresco seems more feature rich but it should be customized a lot.
I know that Alfresco an Liferay can be integrated but as I said I need a simple solution. The requirements for the intranet are:
1. Create sections and publish articles there (news, head office, vacancies, help, internal news, etc).
2. possibility to set up access control per section and/or per file.
4. Display the share price of the company stock price.
5. Display in a div three clocks with the US, France and UK time.
6. a list of aout ten mail links to internal and external web sites.
7. Set up a go-live and expiring time for the articles.
I do not need complex features, just to display some articles. So:
1. What is the difference between ECM and portlet?
2. Is it better Alfresco or Liferay for the over mentioned requirements?
Thanks in advance, regards,