Towards my Java skills development this was my 2nd certification I gave on 15th August, 2013. It is known as Java EE 5 Web Component Developer Certified Professional Exam
1) My Java background
- 0 years of professional experience in Java EE.
- SCJP 6 : Java SE 6 Certified Programmer in December 2012.
2) Exam Score
- I put an entire plan on paper i.e. Exam Date, No. of Books to go through, Study hours etc... and stuck it on my study room wall.
I highly recommend to go through only below books.
I) Head First Servlets and JSP, Second Edition by Bryam, Kathy & Bert. This was my primary source of reading. Extremely happy with this book. I had its hard copy.
II) SCWCD Study Guide. I have only used to go its practice exam questions. Its e-Book is FREE on internet.
- I started my Head First book reading on 1st of April.
- I work in the Sydney CBD and its 40 minutes travel by train. I use this time to read the book. I did it for 2.5 months.
- For 2 weeks from Mid June to end of June I have gone through SCWCD Study Guide practice exam questions.
- Entire July I was making small program samples in Eclipse for proof of concept.
- From 1st Aug to 14th Aug I started my revision of Head Fist book.
6) Personal notes
- Actual exam is not as hard as given in the books so please don't dishearten if you get low score in book exam. But still aim to score higher becuase sound preparation will help you to get more in REAL exam.
- If you have some experience in either Java SE or Java EE then I don't recommend any external training.
- You can read about my SCJP certification here https://coderanch.com/t/601236/java-programmer-SCJP/certification/OCP-Java-SE-Certficate-Journey
If anybody needs some further help please let me know.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org