This position works with all products in the area of Software Product Development, specifically OSGI and NoSQL technologies for current and future product offerings. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing multi-tenant platform as service cloud infrastructure.
• Solid experience with system software design and development with strong understanding of distributed and large-scale systems
• Hands-on programmer, strong in data structures and programming practices (strong concurrent programming skills, and, able to think "at scale")
• Proven experience in debugging large scale distributed systems
• Fundamental Java Skill (Java EE5 and Java SE 5+)
• Excellent understanding of OOD and OOP
• Experience with AJAX and HTML 5 developer/user role
• Experience with OSGI in a developer/user role
• Experience with the NoSQL technologies - HBase, in developer/user role
• Experience in working in multi-tenant cloud architecture
• Experience in working with Web services and app server like JBoss
• Ability to work in an agile and collaborative setup within an engineering team
• Fast learner of new and emerging technologies
• Self-motivated and ability to drive requirement to delivery
• Ability to participate in a cross-functional team environment.
• Familiarity with architecting solutions around Cloud APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, Google.
• Familiarity with Architecting Mobile Apps that interact with a Cloud Service
• Knowledge of or experience with specialized traditional languages such as COBOL or Mumps is a plus.
• Working closely with management
• Design and develop programming systems making specific determinations about system performance
• Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports
• Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies
• Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems
• Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers
• Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming
• Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product
• Responsible for development of new programs, analyzes current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product
• Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate; assists lower-level programmers with programming assignments
• Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level
• Responsible for utilizing tools and equipment involved in performance of essential functions of programming including measuring instruments
• Search, summarize and keep the team abreast of strategic information from all sources
Education & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in systems software
• Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology or other technical or related field required, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Candidates, please email your resume to jobs "at" websoft "dot"com.