We have immediate opening for software validation and verification engineers with Microsoft, Macintosh and/or *nix experience in our Singapore office. These positions will be working in a diverse team on one of the most used applications for desktop bioinformatics in the scientitfic world. The engineers will work closely with bioinformatics scientists and developers and will be responsible for validation and verification testing of new applications and improvements to existing applications. This is an exciting opportunity to work in life sciences software area and to understand the types of software needed for both research and regulated software environments in the life sciences.
Job requirements include a mixture of the following skills:
Capable of leading a testing project and a small testing teamWork under general direction, determine and develop approach to complete assignmentConduct complex software testing activities including design and execute Software test plans and test cases for data analysis software products to ensure they meet quality, reliability, and design requirementsRepresent Quality Assurance in design, functional requirements, defect and code reviews and work as part of the Quality Assurance team to maintain high quality standardsParticipate in the planning of testing activitiesAble to test applications extensively with huge test suites and validate applications on Windows, Mac, Linux(white box testing experience will be an added advantage)Knowledge in Query language to test databases, generate test scripts, test web based applications and comprehend concepts of licensing mechanism and securityExperience in performance testing and ability to automate testing process with well established test automation toolsOpen to understand and work on Life Science modulesExperience working with systems and procedures in compliance with one or more of the following: ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO13485, ISO14971, QSR21CFR and OHSAS 18001 requirements
Applicants must have an minimum of a Batchelors in Computer Science or its equivalent and 3 - 6 years of relevant experience.
1) In-depth understanding of the SQA (Software Quality Assurance) test process and methodologies - min 3 years
2) Understanding of the development and testing process and lifecycles - min 3 years
3) Experience in generating test document and performing test execution - min 3 years
4) Experience in one or more of the following: Operating Systems Win2K, XP, Vista, Win 7, LINUX, UNIX - min 2 years
5)Experiecne with one or more of the following: SilkTest, QTP or equivalent automated testing tool, and C/C++/Java programming - min 2 years
6) Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), attention to detail, and the ability to work independently
7) Experience in Biotech industry is ideal
7) Management or supervisory experience is preferred
If interested, please follow this link to apply: