Kat Light wrote:Ive been having the same issue and I tried searching everywhere!!
Hope there's someone here who can help us
You're in luck. It's definitely a classpath issue and it's specific to your machine. In my case, the issue was I inherited an axis1 web service from my predecessor. Part of the setup instructions for axis one was setting up an axis classpath on windows. The setup instructions I found required that I put xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar on the windows classpath. So to make a long story short, what was happening is that grails was compiling and needed one of those jars and the operating system handed grails the jar that was defined on the windowsclasspath. Somewhere down the line that was causing some sort of class collision. In short, grails was NOT getting the correct class it needed. I finally figured out that I didn't really need to put xalan, xerces, and xml-apis jars in the lib folder. So I took them out, removed the axis1 classpath from windows and the whole thing worked magically.
It is very likely you are facing something similar. Classpath issues can be a real pain to figure out. In my case, it was approx one year since I had setup Axis1. I had completely forgotten about doing that.
What tipped me off to it not being a grails issue is two things.
1. No one else seemed to have this issue.
2. I installed on another machine and it ran flawlessly.