First, thank to Java Ranch and everyone here, for the help i could find for all the certs I passed
So, I received my result for SCEA assignment recently and this is what I did
Part 1 89%: read following:
- The Java EE 5Tutorial
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide (2nd Edition)
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide (Exam 310-051) (is for old exam but worth reading it)
- Core J2EE Pattern Catalog(2nd Edition)
- All the links here: http://www.bm-one.com/Se/scea1.html
- Applied Java Patterns
Part 2 79% - Factory Home:
- UML Distilled
- Real World Java EE Patterns Rethinking Best Practices
- i had to extend a relation in the BDM but i did justify it and assumed an use case has an additional step
- make a trade off, improving one nfr with immediate consequences at cost of affecting another one in the event of changes of circumstances on long term. But extensively discussed about it, in the risks lists as well as in part 3.
- my diagrams were quite detailed. An advise would be not to leave deployment diagram on last day, it is really not that easy, as I thought it was
. The component diagram contained all the web and business components that should appear, including backing beans and adapter classes(for exteranl tools or applications). The class diagram contained the JSP's but the JSF related classes were generalized.
They really give you the opportunity to justify your decisions. If you think your design has a flaw, this is the time to debate it, to say how would you mitigate it if the circumstances would change and it would become critical. I think that matters a lot.