Jean Mac wrote:
Justin Kaka wrote:
Hi Jean Mac,
First of all congratulation! and thanks for the detailed answer.............. But I have a question regarding your certification you have passed
Q1. what is the Certification or paper number? Is this you are talking about the detail of this certificatin "IZO-851" I hope?
Please I will be very thankfull to you or any one who will give me the answer. Actully Im very confuzed and not aware about the new JavaSe-6 certification track number...
Great Thanks and Wishes
Yes, its IZO-851
Jean Mac wrote:Hi guys,
just took the exam this morning and passed with 93%.
I would like to say thanks to the 2 following books and Mock exams, and the forum
- SCJP 6 Study Guide (Sierra,Bates)
- OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams (Bates,Sierra)
in terms of difficulty. I find the real exam is much easier then those mock exams in the books. however, they are indeed really helpful for you to understand the exam objectives. I would say the difficulty level may close to CertPal questions.
How do I prepared:
1. go through the SCJP 6 Study Guide book by chapter and taken down notes where I think I need to review. and do the questions at the end of each chapter
2. did the first 2 self test question from OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams book (didnt do well around passing score)
1. go through the SCJP 6 Study Guide book by chapter and updated the notes I had first time (good exam points you may missed). and do the questions at the end of each chapter
2. mean time do small chapter based mock exams just to found out any point I missed (links are refereed by codeRanch, use those mocks which break down the questions to chapter based, I didnt go to search others, question)
3. Mock 1 from OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams book (around passing score)
1. go through notes
2. use CertPal 1.6 mock exams 1 and 2. chapter based and anything I am unsure I write program to clarify (I only start writing a small program from this round, but only when I come cross anything I dont understand fully and the explaination from book not that clear to me)
3. Mock 2 from OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams book (around passing score)
4. CertPal 1.6 exam 3 (scored 77%) -- I a bit concerned about the exam difficulty because I dont do well from the book, but CerlPal seems ok. however, I also noticed that there are quesutions I had wrong which I shouldnt. they all due to careless in reading code and answers
5. Mock 3 from OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams book (around passing score)
6. review my notes and chapters where I was weak
7 re do Mock 1-3, this time I scored around 80%, I make sure there are good bit gap between last time I took them.
8. Mock 4 from OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams book (around passing score) -- Now I am kind of worry but still make mistakes rather than I dont understand the concept. -- Need to be more careful in reading questions :-p
Final Round before the exam (weekend for me so I had 2 full days but its hard to concentrate now because I kind of feel I am ready for exam maybe with around 75% passing score or I was sick in studying at this point :-p, so study those chapters where you think you need do a bit more first )
1. go through all chapters and question in the book
2. go through all questions I answered wrong in previous attemps
3. list reasons where I might make mistakes which can be avoid
I think it pretty much how I prepared. One my own tips are dont go through too many sources, focus on 1 good study book and 1 good mock exams source (difficult one - this one to help you find your weakness) and maybe another one like CertPal more likely the exam difficult level give you some confidence.
At the end, good luck with your exam!