It gives me immense pleasure to inform you that today I appeared for exam 1Z0-807
and passed with 73%
. This was my first attempt.
It is good start and will focus on remaining 2 exams whose preparation I will start in some time.
I want to move into JEE technical architecture stream so decided to take this exam which will not only give enough knowledge but also make your chances better after you have this certification(OCMJEA 6).
I have 11 years of experience with 1.5 year as Architect and currently not in this role.
Preparation – Duration 5 months
I started my preparation by giving free exam from Whizlabs and passed it which gave me confidence to go for the exam.
I went through the code ranch forum to get help in preparation and found some good pointers like the one from Mithun Ms. https://coderanch.com/t/665594/certification/Completed-OCMJEA
. Thanks Mithun.
I used below books
OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide by Paul R. Allen
– Very good book for beginners to get the feel about the syllabus of the exam. It comes with 120 mock questions. Covered anti patterns.
– it doesn’t cover all topic in details, EJB part is too short.
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Technology Study Guide by Mark Cade and Simon Roberts
– Mock question, Security concepts
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Technology Study Guide by Mark Cade and Humphrey Sheil (Second Edition)
– Architecture part, questions
– I was not comfortable with design patterns so decided to start with this book and then learnt by browsing through google and writing some small program for some of the pattern.
Core J2EE Design Patterns Best Practices and Design Strategies by Deepak Alur, John Crupi, Dan Malks
JEE 6 tutorial
EJB 3.1 Specification
– First 4 chapters
Practice guide by Amritendu De
– Quality of questions are good
– Based on OCMJEA 5 syllabus
My exam cloud practice test
– Enough questions to practice
– Many questions were answered incorrectly and some answers were not accepted after submitting the test. Quality is not that good. I was logged out many times for no reason.
– Highly recommended
– Very good quality and last test was similar to the actual test
– Couldn’t start custom test due to some technical reason. Only 5 mock tests.
About the exam
The exam was moderate. There were many multiple select questions whose answers were very close. Practice is the key of this exam with good understanding of each technology, components used in J2EE.
I would suggest that candidate should have good development/design experience before attempting this exam as the experience plays an important role.
Tips of the exam
Don't search and think too much about this exam. Just start preparation and get passed.
Thanks to all code ranchers who indirectly helped me pass this exam. I would need your help to pass other 2 exams as well. I am now searching for good books and pointers to start with.
Ankit Kumar Singh