Nadia Jahar

Greenhorn
+ Follow
since Apr 30, 2013
Cows and Likes
Cows
Total received
0
In last 30 days
0
Total given
0
Likes
Total received
0
Received in last 30 days
0
Total given
0
Given in last 30 days
0
Forums and Threads
Scavenger Hunt
expand Ranch Hand Scavenger Hunt
expand Greenhorn Scavenger Hunt

Recent posts by Nadia Jahar

Thanks Kancharia. There weren't any Drag & Drop questions. I would say 75% of the exam is straightforward and the other 25% can be tricky, like the static main method calling an instance method. There were quite a few loop construct questions. Like having a while loop within a do-while loop as well as nested loops. Count on seeing inheritance questions. What I didn't see (not to say that it won't be on your exam) was primitive autoboxing or conversions with primitive wrappers. Nor did I have any questions with local or inner classes.
I just took the exam and scored 96%...which was such a relief!

I've been a Java programmer for about a year now....but this exam can be pretty tricky! They ask you questions about things you would never ever do in code...so you don't even know that they are valid and can be done! Like the fact that this is valid:
for (;;)

I bought Liguori's book to start with, which is a good primer and I like the questions at the end of each chapter. But I think what really did the trick is enthuware, it's excellent!! Neither the book or enthuware teach you HOW to program they just prepare you for what you will be tested on. Enthuware.com costs $9.95 and is worth every single penny. They have superb explanations for each question and not one single mistake in any of their 500 questions. And about half (or more) of the questions on the exam were exactly the same as the ones in enthuware.

I must add though, that I feel the exams in enthuware are harder than the real thing....I took all the Objective Test and Practice Tests, and I didn't pass any of the Standard tests! I was scoring about an average of 70%, until the very last one which I got 79%. Failing all the tests did make we work harder and hence I scored a 96%.

Now onto studying for the OCPJP....