Hello guys, your advice is much appreciated.
Currently I am 29 years old and I am single andnliving in the Philippines. I graduated as an electronics and communications engineer. When I was in college, we have one subject of c programming for one semester and during that time, I was fascinated, challenged, stressed but fulfilled when i can do the programming exams.
When I graduated to the college, I decided to be a Java programmer even though Java was not taught at school. The reasons why I took java during that time was: 1. money, 2. they say java is a good career and 3. as an engineer, I want to invent a product on my own and to monetize it. At first, I thought inventing a tangible prod uct is impossible for me since I am introvert, and do not like to talk to people alot. However, creating a software can be done alone.
During my work, it was really hard for me to program because we do not have any training at work and I was forced to self study. However it does not come to my mind to quit because i have an attitude to always do my best whatever comes in my way and I was so focused to earn money and always think of a way to build a software of my own. I self study java during after work hours and took OCAJP.
Fast forward, i successfully created my own software at the age of 26 and was able to quit my job. I can live comfortably in my country by working just 3 hours per day using the software I created. However, i was so isolated and alone. After I successfully achieved my purpose as to why I chose being programmer, I cant think of any new purpose in life. My depression becomes worse
So I decided to go back at work being a java programmer 4 months ago. However, I cant deal with the following anymore on my whole Java career:
1. Always reading and understanding new technologies, concepts, solutions or APIS to the internet. I want to apply my knowledge at work more than reading new information everyday. I feel that i need to learn new onformation for the rest of my life if i choose this career. Naurally, I am a slow reader and learner but once I understand it, i can excel at it but I just cant keep learning new all the time. i also hate self study
2. The feeling of frustration. I really really hate the feeling that after I read a solution on the internet, understand why it happened, apply it on my code, then it is still not working. Then repeat until successful. This happens most of the time.
3. Lack of social interaction, low self confidence. I really cant maintain social communication to anybody maybe because the nature of my job requires problem solving and not with people. With my age, i think i need to improve it to have a girlfriend and family in the future.
4. Cant do any other activities outside work like going to gym. I always want to have a good physiquie but due to my mind is exhausted after work, i really cant do it and be consistent
Right now, i have 2 options
1. Career shift - but I have no idea what career I should get and I am afraid to start with minimum salary and start from scratch.
2. Continue being java programmer and accept frustrations. Maybe enrol to trainings after office hours to gain more knowledge
My ideal job environment is:
1. Require physical activity (such as moving, walking but not field works)
2. Requires social interaction (but not most of the time)
You advice is very much appreciated