Hello you all.
Yesterday I ve scjp 1.5 with a 95% score... 3 mistaker: 2 with threads and 1 with api. Last time I did a scjp test was back in 2001, where I did the 1.2 exam and passed with 93%.
I have some comments
- questions with long code listing. that is nice! specially cool thread questions
- pretty good questions about generics, varargs and autoboxing.
- java.io is back, and this time there are not questions asking the name of a not so used method.
- better questions about OO concepts
- less questions about casting and method overriding, which I like very much.
- enum and enhanced-for questions just too easy.
- bizarre questions about Serializable
- some tricky questions about the API.
- some questions didnt even compile and there was no "does not compile" answer. like methods that received (byte) argument without the parameter name. in another one there is a call to a pretty well known method that throws a Checked Exception, but the code didint handle-or-declare it. btw, where can I send this kind of problems? I didnt take the beta exam in order to not have this kind of problems in my exam!
- bizarre class names. It hurts my eyes when I read class C extends B. I remember that they used noums. Also, class names with numbers in the end and enum constants lowercased... arggghhh
what is your opinion?
thanks a lot