I really wonder when will the job market for Java improve. I have been sending out resumes at the rate of 50 per day on various job boards, but the response is hardly encouraging. I sometimes wonder if my resume is okay or not. I am posting my resume, let me know your thoughts.
4425 Norwalk Drive
San Jose, CA- 95129
Phone: 408-838-7245 email@example.com
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
* Extensive experience of more than 3 years in design & development of E-COM
and web applications using latest java technologies ,with strong skills in
* Excellent understanding of Java/J2EE,solid development experience with Java
server-side technologies like JSP,Servlets and EJB.
* Strong skills in ORACLE RDBMS including both database design & development.
* Development experience in B2B sector with applications like Ariba
* Mentored team members on Java platform to accelerate project execution.
* Excellent communication skills. Good team player, but can also yield results
* Design and Development skills in following languages and technologies:
Java/J2EE with JSP, Servlet, JDBC, EJB
Ariba E-Commerce platform
Oracle 8i,SQL Server 2000
Microsoft .NET, C#
Permanent Resident (GREEN CARD)
R-CUBE Technologies Sept' 00- Oct '01
Project: Ariba Marketplace Client: TheSupply Inc [Jan'01 - Oct '01]
* Developed feature enhancements for Ariba Marketplace,which is a web-enabled
interactive marketplace that integrates buyer and suppliers .It is built on
distributed object technology spread across three tiers. HTTP tunnelling handles
client-server communication. Client requests are brokered using Servlet and EJB
* Developed the Blanket purchase Agreement module for the Marketplace that
enables business organisations to trade products over a definite period of
time.This involved database design,coding both the server - side components and the
* Responsible for the maintenance and customisation of the Marketplace.
* Developed the Purchase order screens using JSP and java beans .
* Improved the performance of the application by reducing the download
time by 40%.
4.5,Oracle 8i,SQL, Visual Caf , VSS, Netscape LDAP Server ,Windows NT
Project: Choreographer Client: TheSupply Inc [Sept'00 - Dec'00]
* Worked in a team to develop Choreographer which is an XML based B2B
software that automates exchange of information like purchase order between businesses.
The product is developed using the latest Microsoft .NET platform .
* Developed the Document Translator module using the XML API for .NET and the
ADO.NET API. The module extracts the data from the XML document and updates
the SQL Server database using concepts of Dataset and Transactions in
* Took initiative and active participation in helping team members acquire .NET
Environment: C#, ASP.NET, .NET platform Beta, SQL Server 2000,Biztalk Server
2000, XML, XSL, Visual Studio .NET, VSS, MSMQ, RosettaNet standard .
Srisoft Technologies, India Oct' 98- Sept' 00
Project: SAI Online ComputerMart Client : SAI Computers [Feb '00- Aug '00]
* Designed and developed an E-Commerce application that enabled the computer
parts vendor to sell its products through the web. The application provided
features to authenticate the users, view online catalog, store selected
products into a virtual cart and generate order.
* Developed the business tier of the application using Enterprise java beans
(EJB) including both session and entity beans. The presentation tier is
developed using a set of servlets that are coupled with the EJBs.
* Mentored team members on Java/J2EE.
Environment: Java, Servlets, EJB , HTML, WebLogic 4.5 , Netscape Enterprise
Project: Software Information Server [Sept '99- Jan' 00]
This project used the Mobile agent Technology. It involved getting the
information of the software installed in the different systems in the intranet
using the IBM mobile agents. The project involved dispatching the agents and
displaying the information retrieved by them on the server when queried.The UI
was developed using Java Swing API.
Environment: Java, JDK 1.1, Threads, IBM Aglets Workbench, JNI, C++,JFC Swing.
Project: SriSoft Online Library Client: SriSoft [May '99 - Aug '99]
* Worked in a team to develop an application for automating the employee
library. Developed the client applet that acts as the GUI.The applet will post
requests to the appropriate servlet using HTTP Tunneling. The UI for the
applet was developed using Swing API.
* Developed the Servlet that provides information about available books based
on the search keyword input by the user.
Environment: Java, Java Web server, MS-Access, Windows NT, Servlet ,Applet,
Project: TNM using Unicenter TNG [Nov '98 - Apr '99]
* The Product aims at managing a Telecom network by integrating it with an
enterprise management tool called Unicenter TNG. This tool enables the user to
have a complete view of the IT infrastructure of the company. Using this
product the user can bring his telecom network too under the scope of Unicenter TNG.
* Developed the Event Management module that logs telecom events into the
Unicenter TNG event log.
Environment: C++, Windows NT, Unicenter TNG, SNMP protocol
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
* BS, Computer Science
* SUN Certified Java Programmer