Thanks so much for those answers.
Richard, I've put the class in a package and included the <servlet-mapping>, like you and Nidhi said I should.
And William, I read
The Long and Sordid Tale of the Invoker Servlet
you linked me to and I got the message.
I think I've got it now, only that the page that comes up is blank.
First, I did as the FAQ page said at the begining of the page:
In the file conf/web.xml find a section of text that looks like this:
<!-- The mapping for the invoker servlet -->
You need to uncomment the servlet-mapping and then restart Tomcat. Your application should work now....
I uncommented these lines.
I did this just to see the application work, at least. But knew something was wrong when instead of displaying a webpage, I got a text file downloaded. Then saw it was in the part where the servlet sends the header [code] theResponse.setContentType("text.html"); [/code] . I fixed that to read [code] theResponse.setContentType("text/html"); [/code]. Then I put the servlet in a package named mypackage ( I always prefer to keep things simple at first. The package structure could get deeper later), and I added the <servlet-mapping> tag. But all I get now is a blank page. What am I doing wrong?
In a bid to solve this, I included my classes directory in the classpath. Still didn't work. I then chaged the way output is sent to the browser in the servlet, like this
ServletOutputStream out = theResponse.getOutputStream();
I think it's something to do with my web.xml file.
Listing of my web.xml file:
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
<!-- Application that implements Wireless security for GSM networks in this case, Nigeria -->
<display-name>Wireless Security application</display-name>
This application uses a client - server model to implement a Wireless security mechanism for
I'm supposed to declare parameters here, but chose not to, yet
This parameter represents nothing sensible......
This servlet does this and this.....
<!-- How long to wait before the session times out-->
<!-- 30 minutes -->
Any useful suggestion would be greatly appreaciated.