I just passed SCEA part 1 with the above score. It took me few months. But I prepared seriously only the last two weeks(atleast 1 to 2 hrs daily).
Although I have done many Java projects none of them were involving EJB's.
- Mark Cade's SCEA book (must have)
- Paul Allen's SCEA book
- HF EJB ( if EJB is new to you)
- HF Design Patterns
- IBM's SCEA tutorial
- Pete Morgan's notes (good summary of all topics)
With all the above materials, I was actually going nowhere until I read a gem of a post from Peter Cook (http://www.coderanch.com/t/155477/java-Architect-SCEA/certification/Part
This post helped me to focus.
I used the following mocks.
- CD from Paul Allen's SCEA book
- Mark Cade's practice questions
If you have good IT experience and an aptitude for reasoning, I would say that it is an easy exam.
All the best to SCEA part 1 aspirants.