Possible requirements may be:
- Easy to extend by building modules/plugins without having to spend a lot of time to learn the framework/application.
- Use modules or plugins to build modular functionality and reuse previous code.
- The framework/application manages and runs the plugins or modules based on schedule or external events.
- Easy to use and configure e.g. having a graphical user interface instead of "configuration by files".
- Running on multiple OS e.g. Windows and Linux.
I am interested in finding ways to quickly and easily build backend/server applications by reusing modules/plugins and combining these to do different things e.g. implementing a web service api , running batch jobs syncing data that needs
some modification etc. Basically backend or server type of tasks or processes.
The solutions I found so far that most closely matches the requirements were mostly OSGI based.
Can you suggest any others?