Explore and learn Java programming with Packt's extensive selection of books/video courses, and start building better applications.
Java EE 8 and Angular
by Prashant Padmanabhan
Learn how to build high-performing enterprise applications using Java EE powered by Angular at the frontend.
• The book starts with a brief introduction to the fundamentals of Java EE and all the new APIs offered in the latest release. Armed with the knowledge of Java EE 8, you will go over what it’s like to build an end to end application, configure database connection for JPA, and build scalable microservice using RESTful APIs running in docker containers.
• Taking advantage of Payara Micro capabilities, you will build an Issue Management System, which will have various features exposed as services using Java EE backend. With a detailed coverage of Angular fundamentals, the book will expand the Issue Management System by building a modern single page application frontend.
• Moving forward you will learn to fit both the pieces together i.e. the frontend Angular application with the backend java EE microservices. As each unit in a microservice promotes high cohesion, you will learn different ways in which independent units can be tested efficiently.
• Finishing off with concepts on securing your enterprise applications, this book is a hands on guide to building Modern Web Applications.
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence with Java [Video]
by Nisheeth Joshi
Build real-world Artificial Intelligence applications with Java to intelligently interact with the world around you.
• This video explains the basics of AI using popular Java-based libraries and frameworks to build your smart applications.
• This video covers easy-to-complex artificial intelligence tasks such as genetic programming, heuristic searches, reinforcement learning, neural networks, and segmentation with the practical approach we mentioned earlier.
• By the end of this video, you will have a solid understanding of Artificial Intelligence concepts. You will be able to build your own smart applications for multiple domains, as required.
Cloud-Native Applications in Java
by Ajay Mahajan, Munish Kumar Gupta, Shyam Sundar
Highly available microservice-based web apps for Cloud with Java.
• The book begins by explaining the driving factors for cloud adoption and shows you how cloud deployment is different from regular application deployment on a standard data centre.
• You will learn about design patterns specific to applications running in the cloud and find out how you can build a microservice in Java Spring using REST APIs.
• You will then take a deep dive into the lifecycle of building, testing, and deploying applications with maximum automation to reduce the deployment cycle time.
• Gradually, you will move on to configuring the AWS and Azure platforms and working with their APIs to deploy your application.
• Finally, you’ll take a look at API design concerns and their best practices. You’ll also learn how to migrate an existing monolithic application into distributed cloud native applications.
• By the end, you will understand how to build and monitor a scalable, resilient, and robust cloud native application that is always available and fault tolerant.