Thanks for the help Simon.
I couldn't get the code I had to work. But I changed the way the connection was being made. The code was getting a datasource from WAS and using this to make the connection, but I changed it to get a connection using an IP address stored in a properties file. This was using different drivers, and I was quite easily able to add the property to it. The facility to at properties just didn't seem to be available when using the datasource.
And I'm aware I typed 'convert' instead of 'translate' - that was just in this posting, not in the code.
So I've got it working, but aren't 100% happy that I had to change all the connection code (the application was written by somebody who has since left our company).
This application is just a demo for a customer, so the fact that it works is fine for now. However, I think my code doesn't use connection pooling and will cause the application to be less efficient.
[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Roper ]