I don't agree with you - I don't see how a company could hire somebody and not pay him until his Green Card gets approved (which might not happen, BTW).
I assume that Monoachi is on H1B, so the new employer will have to do a visa transfer and then start a completely new application for the green card. Only 6 monts into Adjustment of Status is a GC application transferable to another company.
And an emergency CG application is not for IT, rather athletes, models - for example before the Soccer World Championship in '94, a French player was sponsored for this type of GC in order to be able to play for US.
It's a very difficult decision to make. You need to make sure the new employer is going to sponsor you for the GC. There are states where the labor certificate processing takes only a few months. But there is no guarantee, especially now. On the other hand, you current employer might be able to find you a contract when the current one ends.