What is OrindaBuild 4.0?
OrindaBuild� is a utility that automatically writes Java� code to access tables, stored procedures, packages, functions and sequences in Oracle� databases. OrindaBuild also takes files containing SQL statements and generates matching Java source files to run them. By automating the tedious task of writing access code, it can dramatically improve productivity. OrindaBuild 4.0.1862 now runs as an extension to Oracle's new IDE - JDeveloper 10g. OrindaBuild also supports Oracle Server 10.1.0. How does it work?
OrindaBuild has a Swing GUI to choose Tables, PL/SQL� procedures or files containing SQL statements. Specify the location for code generation, add your comments and other configuration information and click Generate. All the source you need is either created or ships with the product. There is no runtime component and your code continues to work when your license expires. The Swing GUI can also be used as a Oracle JDeveloper 10G Wizard. Design features:
================ Intuitive and straightforward
- A Swing GUI lists existing database objects and makes creating code trivial. No mysterious runtime component
- Everything is done with human readable source code. No precompilers needed
- No requirement to use SQLJ. Large object support
- BLOBs, CLOBs and BFILE parameters can be treated as java.io.File objects. Pay-As-You-Go Licensing
- OrindaBuild is available for periods ranging from one month to a year. When the license expires you can maintain the code by hand. Generated code does not stop working because your licence has expired. No Schema Changes
- OrindaBuild does not create any additional database objects such as Procedures or Tables. Table Support:
- Rows can be retrieved or modified using any valid Primary or Unique key. Navigation
- Rows from related tables can be retrevied using methods that follow the table's Foreign Keys. PL/SQL Support:
=============== Cursor Support
- Cursors can't be left open and are returned in a spreadsheet like data structure. Understands Oracle's privileges
- Can call PL/SQL objects owned by other users or referred to by Synonyms. Support for BOOLEAN parameters
- Can call PL/SQL procedures with BOOLEAN parameters without having to create an additional procedure. Support for records as parameters
- Can call PL/SQL Procedures that have %ROWTYPE, %TYPE, PL/SQL Package Record and Oracle Object Type Parameters provided they don't have nested records. SQL Support:
============ Simple user interface
- The only thing users have to do is name and give data types to parameters. This can be done with either the Java user interface or by placing special comments after parameters in the SQL file. Supports all legal SQL statements
- OrindaBuild will make a runnable Java class out of any file that containts a valid SQL statement All query results can be cached
- SELECT statements are turned into classes which can cache query results Compatible with SQL*Plus
- OrindaBuild turns the '&' character into '?' and removes surrounding quotes when reading SQL files. Files which are runnable in SQL*Plus will turn into runnable Java source code without modification. Downloading OrindaBuild
Orinda Software's web site is located at: http://www.orindasoft.com/
A fully functional Version of OrindaBuild can be downloaded from: http://www.orindasoft.com/public/Pages.php4?location=Downloadtwo About Orinda Software
Orinda Software is a privately held startup located in Dublin, Ireland.
Orinda's mission is to create easily usable products that improve productivity for people who use Oracle, Java and JDBC.
Orinda Software is a Sun Independent Software Vendor.
Orinda takes major credit cards and PayPal.
" and "Orinda Software
" are trademarks of Orinda Software, Ltd.
[ April 15, 2004: Message edited by: David Rolfe ]