Yes, I have used the server ip address on the client URL.
This is what I have done:
- I installed tomcat 4.1 and have broadband internet connection (permanent) on the server computer.
- my server ip is fixed to 82.34.xxx.x and I can access my tomcat servlets with server's internet explorer: http://82.34.xxx.x:8080/index.jsp
- everything is completely fine, but only to the server.
- recently I used another computer (client) to access the tomcat of the server, by using the exact url as above. (of course with xxx.x change back to the real digits) But it always show: the page cannot be displayed.
- I have tried switching the firewall off from the server, but do not work, I ping client from server and received 100%, but pinging server from client will result 100% loss, and I do not know why.
It is like the server do not really exist to another computer. So the main point is, http://82.34.xxx.x:8080/index.jsp
only work on the server itself but not to any other computer.
Do you know why? Thank you.