Originally posted by Karthik Rajashekaran:
bewteen H1b and L1 who earns good package .
say Person A is having H1B and Person B is having L1 ...having same experience .....whos is better earner and saver of money ...
From your previous post, i understood that you are working for Satyam.
Here are my comments on H1 and L1
1.Usually services companies Like satyam,TCS,Infy,Cognizant will apply for the USA visa after a employee completed 1 year service, I guess this is a rule for L1 visa's. For H1 this is not the case.
2. If we are not from computer science background, then usually these companies will apply for H1. That entirely depends upon the Immigration HR present in the companies. I guess the employee cannot prefer a Visa type (not sure)
3.Mostly all these companies has reduced their H1 visa's
4. In L1 there are 3 different types of Visa's
a.L1 Blanket - No need to get approval from INS(USA) directly go for stamping. Very fast and the criteria is the candidate should have computer science background
b.L1 Individual - Need to be approved from INS will take minimum 6 months to get papers from USA and then stamping 3 or 4 months depending upon where we are getting stamped.
c.L1 Premium - Need to be approved from INS, 1000$ extra charge, but we can know the result within 15 days. It will take the same amount of time as individual L1.
Mostly all these companies go for L1 blanket for all the computer science students.
5. So at a minimum when the company starts processing a Visa (L1/H1) except L1 Blanket it will take minimum 6 months for the papers to get approved from INS and to arrive India. After that, Visa stamping will take another 4 or 5 months. So at a minimum it will take 10 to 12 months.
6. As said earlier in H1 we can change Jobs, but in L1 we cannot
7. Irrespective of the visa types these companies will pay more or less the same money when we are at onsite. So saving depends upon person to person. At a minimum one can easily save 80k to 1.3L on a average per month. This doesn't depends upon the visa type.
So all the best
[ August 03, 2006: Message edited by: JothiKumar Ekanath ]