I Clear the "MAD" today with only 76%
I don't like the mark, but I am happy that I make it
Here is my experience
- In general, the exam is more difficult than I expected, more difficult than any sun exams I took before - SCJP, SCWCD and SCBCD
- The exam is a good exam. It really tests your understanding and experience on J2ME which is the way supposed to be and on the right direction, NOT test your memorization like SCJP...(too easy to get 90%+, which is a joke!)
- All the questions EVENLY distributed to all the objectives to test your comprehensive knowledges.
- I got many performance questions, which really test my experience (which I don't have). I lost a lot of points with this kind of questions.
- JTWA/CLDC mandatory specs, resource minimum, classes CLDC1.0/1.1 etc
- Security-Trusted sources, certificate etc
- MIDP and MIDlets-midlet lifecycle, midlet communication with AMS. tricky questions
- Application Lifecycle-JAD/JAR attributes, action on install failure etc tricky questions.
- Networking-failry difficult. questions(N/W API hierarchy), Code questions etc
- UI-API knowledge is required. methods in high level, more difficult with low level, image related questions
- GameCanvas difficult questions, I lost many points as well since I never done any game programming - no experience.
- MMAPI, easy questions(playing a tone, player states)
- WMA - sms and cbs requirements, sms lengh, WMA and push reg (tricky questions)
- I study couple of books and three times spec, but no experience, that why I don't get high mark, but I am happy that I am passed.
- My advice: Don't rush, take time to understand the spec since the exam test your understanding.
Finally wish all of you good luck!
[ November 02, 2004: Message edited by: Alibabra Sanjie ]