I just passed SCWCD 1.4 exam with 98% marks (missed 100% by 1 question this time )
I am thankful to all the HFSJ team and the fellow ranchers.
Here goes my preparation
1. Passed SCJP 1.4 with 100% on 5th March, so was a bit enthusiastic about the new certification. Bought the voucher and the HFSJ book on the same day.
2. I had very less working knowledge on JSP and Servlets. So it took me 5 weeks to complete the book. Meanwhile I also studied Hanumant Deshmukh book for SCWCD.
3. Took the final mock exam of HFSJ and got 65% marks. Was a bit disappointed about the score. Again revised the book.
4. Reviewed carefully my mistakes in the mock and verified them with the specs.
5. Also I took all the mock exams mentioned in javaranch and got an average score of 85%.J2eecertificate.com exam was difficult and got an average of 65% in that.
About exam pattern
1. There were around 8 drag and drop questions.
2. I didn't get any question on dynamic attributes.
3. Design pattern was easy and Marc Peabody's notes are more than sufficient. Marc, how to claim my beer
4. Got more than 5 questions on EL. HFSJ is sufficient.
5. Got questions about location of tlds and tag files.
6. Got 2 or more questions on filters checking the knowledge about the <dispatcher> tag.
This is all what I remember. Next target is SCBCD but confused which version to go for...
So that was all about my preparation and exam pattern. Now its party time.