How do the OCAJP 8 objectives map to version 7? See the mapping table at OCAJP7 vs OCAJP8
Who is the target audience for the OCAJP 5/6 exam versus the OCAJP 7/8 exam? From the SCJA Study Guide ... in regards to the SCJA which is now the OCAJP 5/6 (1Z0-850) exam:
SCJA Study Guide wrote:We strongly recommend the SCJA certification to the following candidates:
* Entry-level and junior programmers wishing to start and/or continue down the path of using Java technologies.
* Software developers and technical leads wishing to solidify their Java-related skillsets.
* Project and program managers wishing to gain a true perspective of the work and challenge of their teams complementary to their planning and direction.
* Computer Science and information system students wishing to complement their education
* IT job seekers looking for a well-deserved edge
* Certification seekers wishing to round out their resume or curriculum vitae
In regards to the OCAJP 7 (1Z0-803) exam, it's primarily good for matured programmers & software developers.
Are there any tips and advice for taking this exam? In the OcajpWallOfFame you'll find experiences (including resources they have used) about other ranchers having already passed the OCA exam. So these experiences and stories could also be very useful.
What is the policy on posting questions I saw on the exam? You may not describe or talk about the questions you saw on any of the Oracle exams - see the CodeRanch's Policy on Real Questions for further details.
What other certifications do I need before I go for the OCAJP certification? No prerequisites for this certification.
Where can I find the FAQs for the legacy SCJA exam? The SCJA FAQs can be found here.