1. In an upper menu (at the very top) there is a "Search" option(actually the 3rd item from left in the list). Full fledged GUI for searching with options.
2. Clicking on the left panel, where forum categories are listed, there is an option "programming forums" (click that), there will be "search" field slightly above,
which searches across all forums for phrases.
3. Going to particular forum, there also will be "search" field above, so it searches only within that very forum.
Why the urls i post with url button looks weird?
1. When using URL tags i.e. [url] and [/url] make sure both tags be on the same line like shown below.
Displayed in the post as --> CodeRanch
Unknowingly you might have put closing URL tag ( [/url] ) on the next line like below
Displayed in the post as
which causes removing link and showing URL in text format without link irrespective of what is shown in the preview.
2. Go to My Profile(look up)-->Preferences --> tick "Enable HTML" option --> press Submit button (to memorize your preferences)
Enabling HTML option makes system recognize HTML tags in the post and display contents accordingly else displays as simple text.
Each post is unique with its own metadata as a snapshot of your profile set up at a particular time when the post(s) have been created.
If you had in your profile set allow html, and posted post, it holds such metadata. If you later changed to not allow html and posted another post,
it didn't change metadata of previous post. If you'd click edit (actually you're not allowed but let's assume you are allowed), you'd see ticked or
un-ticked allow html as it was at that time when you posted that very post, but not subsequent.
Is there an easy way to refer to a post in a thread?
There is. By right-mouse clicking on the little note icon (look well it's too small) near the post’s posting time and selecting copy address.
How to set profile and cover picture?
1. Profile Picture:
Go to My Profile --> General Information about yourself, then paste URL of an image you want to set as profile picture into text field next to Picture, click on Submit button to update profile.
2. Cover Picture:
Go to My Profile --> General Information about yourself, then paste URL of an image of dimension 1316 x 222 into text field next to Cover Picture, click on Submit button to update profile.
I like the answers submitted by someone of the staff here how can i follow him/her?
In a thread on the left of every post you can see the posters name as a link click it and you will be transferred in the posters sumpage ; notice on the up right a button "Follow" click it and you will
be notified trough email every time that person post something.
For some reason I have no chance to buy/search for books/courses exist here a kind of library so i can gain knowledge for free?